Are you interested in running your own business? Have you had success leading a smaller business or a department and want to step up to take on full P/L responsibility? Do you want to be challenged in delivering excellent results, be recognized and compensated for them? Do you enjoy leading a team of people in Operations, Sales, and Service? If so, then you will want to apply for the District General Manager (DGM) position.
CORT is recruiting for the top position to run our Chicago District, based out of Carol Stream, IL. In this role, you will be running one of the larger business units in CORT and will have high visibility to senior management.
The DGM is responsible for leading and managing a large district including the development and implementation of policies for the overall district including operating plans and budgets in conformance with Company policies and practices. Plans, directs and leads the profitable growth of the district operation. Manages and/or coordinates all district operating functions including rental sales, retails sales, relocation services, general administration, inventory management and warehouse and delivery operations. The DGM will work with the outside sales organization to drive profitable revenue.
The person in this position will:
• Direct the Management Team to lead the Operations, Administrative Operations, Service and Inside Sales. This person will develop sound marketing, merchandising, and sales plans.
• Collaborate with the Regional Sales Managers, Regional Vice Presidents, and Corporate Sales to coordinate, plan and optimize the sales activities
• Direct the sales activities of our Retail Managers in our Clearance Center(s) & Showrooms to increase revenue and inventory utilization.
• Working with the Operations Managers and Corporate Supply Chain, directs inventory management efforts, controls, warehousing, and delivery operations
• Directs staffing, salary administration, evaluations, and employee and team development.
• Makes sales calls with key decision makers at the local and regional level.
• Ensures employee compliance with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices
• Directs the processes involved in business organizational planning, coordination, and execution
• Determines how monies will be spent to get work done
• 4 year college degree with 6 + years’ work experience, or 10 years related work experience without degree
• Experience in a general management role or in Sales and/or Operations leading teams of employees.
• Direct experience in running a business unit or in leading a large department
• P&L experience or demonstrated ability to manage against a budget.
• Demonstrated hands-on management style.
• Ability to build relationships with external and internal customers,
• Excellent communication and reasoning skills, computer proficiency and account development and management skills;
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen;
• Must have local state driver’s license and safe driving record;
• Must have reliable transportation
• Ability to speak, read and write English
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. With more than 100 offices, showrooms and clearance centers across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and partners in more than 80 countries around the world, no other furniture rental company can match CORT's breadth of services.
CORT offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts. We provide extensive training and many tools and resources to support a new employee.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.