CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is looking for a Director reporting to the Controller (located in Chantilly, VA). This position oversees the management of CORT backroom financial operations related to the entire billing, credit and collections, and payment processing functions for CORT Furniture Rental (CFR) and Destination Services divisions, as well as accounts payable for all U.S. business units. These responsibilities include vendor and systems management and related negotiation for multiple 3rd party software and service platforms covering billings, collections, and lockbox processing, project initiation and operational management related to process and software improvement, and functional migration as called upon by CORT leadership.
• Directs a team of 45 FTE through 4 direct reports. Oversees hiring, training, developing, coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline, up to and including termination.
• Controls issuance of over 400K invoices annually with current and delinquent invoiced balances averaging over $23M on a monthly basis, using internal resources and a 3rd party software company. Invoices are issued via direct mail, email, and file uploads. Designs billing formats, media, and leads implementation projects. Oversees 3rd party billing and payment portal software relationship and contract.
• Oversees all CORT credit and collections functions for CFR and Destination Services. Insures delinquency and write-offs are minimized to achieve overall financial targets. Oversees collection software as a service vendor relationship and contract.
• Oversees all CORT payment processing functions for CFR and Destination Services, including payments by check, wire, ACH and credit card. Insures payments are posted accurately and on a timely basis to customer accounts. Oversees lockbox and payment portal interfaces and manages related vendors.
• Oversees all CORT accounts payable functions handling over 100K invoices and check requests annually. Oversees Basware Account Payable software relationship and contract.
• Determines organizational structure and direction of responsibilities within the department.
• Reviews, revises and documents policies and procedures, making improvements when necessary to streamline operations, create efficiencies, and improve internal controls.
• Conducts special research and/or projects as needed. Includes process analysis and mapping, formulation of user specifications and project leadership related to IT efforts aimed at billing, collections, payment processing, and accounts payable, and functional migration.
• There may be other duties that will arise.
• BS in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 10 years professional accounting/finance expertise required with emphasis on leadership in backroom operations center.
• Minimum 5 years managerial experience required
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Must have excellent leadership, communication and customer service skills. Ability to lead in a fast-paced, growth-oriented team environment.
• Must possess strong analytical skills.
• Extensive knowledge of credit, collections, accounts payable, payment processing and billing functions and principles.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute functional migration projects, process analysis, mapping and improvement, software capability evaluations and subsequent conversions, and provide operational leadership related to software development and implementation projects.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Requires excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and others.
• Ability to motivate/facilitate cross-functional teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes.
• Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Interacts with both CORT and client executive personnel. Must handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
• Must convey a positive attitude and a professional image.
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. With more than 100 offices, showrooms and clearance centers across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and partners in more than 80 countries around the world, no other furniture rental company can match CORT's breadth of services.
CORT offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts. We provide extensive training and many tools and resources to support a new employee.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.