Together with other members of corporate finance team, you will maintain the company’s general ledger; assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close. You will play an important role in providing accurate and timely financial information for internal and external reporting.
• Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries.
• Perform month end review of operating unit financial statements as assigned.
• Prepare various monthly account reconciliations
• Prepare month end financial and operational reports as assigned.
• Assist with the quarter end and yearend financial close and reporting process.
• Assist with preparation of information for yearend tax package.
• Provide back up support to other staff accountants as assigned.
• Assist other corporate and field departments with general ledger and financial reporting questions as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Entry Level (1+ years’ experience in accounting or related field preferred)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
• Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway. We are the world’s largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the US and in the UK, and a proprietary global network in over 80 countries around the world. We are dedicated to helping people make a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.